Founded in 2005 Air-IT has grown from strength-to-strength and is now ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider (No.1 in East Midlands). We take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
1st Line Service Desk Technician
|Salary:||Negotiable, dependant on experience and skill set. 28 days holiday (including public holidays), healthcare and pension.|
|Hrs of Work:||Shift Rota between the hours of 07:30 – 00:00am Monday to Friday. Flexible/Weekend Working as required.|
The 1st Line Service Desk Technician role will involve working to support, administer, monitor, manage, maintain and troubleshoot technology to provide crucial support to a range of managed clients located locally, nationwide and overseas. Successful candidates will provide remote and telephone support for client infrastructure and end-users. They will be responding to a variety of stimulating requests, including coverage of software, servers, infrastructure and networks.
The 1st Line Service Desk Technician is required to:
- To respond appropriately to technical issues raised, either via the service desk or directly from the client, through effective prioritisation in order to meet SLAs and to ensure client satisfaction..
- To manage all technical cases effectively to ensure that clients are kept up to date with progress, that each case is handled appropriately, that the status of each case is kept up to date on the CRM system and is closed off as soon as the case is completed.
- To act as the first point of contact for technical issues raised on the Service Desk and to provide efficient customer services to a vast client base.
The Successful 1st Line Service Desk Technician will possess:
- Experience of administering and supporting the latest Microsoft technologies including; Microsoft Small Business Server and Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- Skills in troubleshooting Microsoft Office issues (all versions from 2003 onwards)
- Ability to build, configure, administer and support Windows Desktops (all versions from 2003 Server/Windows XP)
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS with an active interest in other networking services (Cisco and firewalling knowledge are beneficial)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Microsoft/Industry Certification is desirable
We require a person who is able to show initiative, take ownership of a problem, and provide a solution in a timely and effective manner.
Someone who is conscientious, a clear communicator and enjoys working in a team environment.
We are looking for a candidate who will be great with our clients, delivers consistent value and has a passion for achieving and improvement.
To apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the job role in the email. Strictly no agencies please.
Relocation fees will not be provided and we will only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK.