Cyber Security an increasing risk to businesses
Cyber threats, such as ransomware, are growing in both number and complexity. Over half of UK businesses have suffered a ransomware attack, and the repercussions are increasingly severe.
The UK government believes the average direct cost of an attack to be between £3,100 and £36,000, dependent on the size of the company. These numbers don’t include the indirect costs associated with damage to reputation and loss of clients.
Financial sanctions are likely to increase with the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This legislation could impose fines of up to 4% of gross turnover for companies that suffer an attack due to inadequate security.
How we can help
At Air-IT, we combine industry-leading cyber security solutions with our fully managed services to ensure a tailored and robust fit for your business.
We’re an award-winning Managed Service Provider, Cyber Essentials certified and a member of the UK Cyber Security Forum. Our expertise spans all of the recommended security layers required to offer comprehensive protection, including training and user awareness, systems, support and planning.
6 steps to prevent and protect
Our 6-step managed security process is designed to provide maximum protection from threats and provide a quick and efficient response to suspected breaches.
Our Managed Security Service Approach
- Identify – audit for risks and recommend steps to increase protection.
- Protect – design and implement layered security strategy to minimise risk.
- Monitor – 24/7 monitoring and updates, via industry leading threat-detection systems.
- Detect – early detection and warning systems allow our service desk to take action and limit attack impact.
- Respond – quickly address issues and follow incident management protocol.
- Recover – managed support and resolution with backup and disaster recovery strategy, if required.
Our Managed Security Services
What we offer
Our Managed Security services will help to protect your ICT systems, minimise data theft and safeguard your critical business data and users from internal and external threats.
We’ll provide complete protection for your entire network, its infrastructure, applications, email systems, devices and users.
Our business-grade, layered security solutions utilise industry-leading technology to provide intelligence and protection against the latest and emerging cyber threats, safeguarding your business and users.
We’ll manage, monitor and administer your protection, and help to plan your strategic approach to data security and user awareness.
Our managed security services include:
Managed Security Services
- 24/7 real-time monitoring and management
- Continuous scanning for threats and intrusions with advanced warning
- Automated ransomware detection and prevention
- Managed security updates and patching
- Preventative maintenance and software updates
- In-house service desk with remote and onsite support
- Incident management and resolution
- Secure configuration of devices, applications and operating systems
- User access control and privilege management
- IT security governance, policies and compliance
- User education and awareness training
Managed Security Solutions
Our managed security solutions are tailored to your specific business needs providing comprehensive protection for you and your staff including:
- Managed perimeter/network security (UTM / firewalls)
- Email/endpoint protection and malware prevention (anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spam)
- Email filtering, impersonation and fraud protection
- Predictive umbrella security with automated protection against advanced attacks
- Web protection and content filtering
- Mobile device/BYOD management & security
- Password management and multi-factor authentication
- Remote worker management and secure access (VPN)
- Wireless network protection
- Data loss and theft prevention
- Managed backups and continuity
Why a layered approach?
Why a layered approach?
While no defence strategy is impenetrable, taking a layered approach to your cyber security is the key to maximising your protection level. By identifying risks and implementing appropriate protection on each attack vector, including network perimeter, endpoints, email and web filtering, patch management, firewalls, and more, we’ll protect your business against threats.
We build on this with 24/7 network monitoring via our service desk and bespoke tools to mitigate risks, such as our ransomware blocker tool which proactively detects and limits the spread of potential infections.
A good cyber defence strategy needs to dedicate time and resources to improving employee education. Most malware still requires a human action to help it infect your network. Therefore, increasing the cyber awareness of your staff can significantly mitigate your risk of suffering an attack.
Finally, an effective backup and disaster recovery strategy is crucial to minimising business disruption. No security setup is guaranteed to prevent a breach, so it’s key that you can get back online and operational quickly if the worst were to happen.
Industry Leading Security Solutions
At Air-IT, we partner with industry-leading experts in the fields of threat management, backup and business continuity to protect you on all fronts. Our team are fully accredited with vendors such as Sophos, Webroot, Cisco, Mimecast, OpenDNS, StorageCraft, and Datto.
1st step to an effective cyber security strategy
Securing your company begins with a thorough assessment of your infrastructure and any potential risks. Our in-depth security audit will review your current setup and provide recommendations to protect your business today, and in the future.
To book your audit, or to find out more about how we can help with your cyber-security needs, please contact us today or call 0115 880 0044, and we will be more than happy to help.