More than 600 companies in the East Midlands are set to benefit from over £2m worth of ICT funding between October 2013 and June 2015.
The project, known as the Transformational ICT-2 Grant (T-ICT2), is being led by Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Chamber of Commerce (DNCC).
What is T-ICT2?
T-ICT2 is great news for local firms in certain areas of the East Midlands who want to upgrade their ICT infrastructure, systems or software. DNCC will be using this funding to pay for grants and consultancy that will help qualifying businesses boost their performance by accessing the latest ICT technologies.
The scheme works by matching your planned ICT investment by 50%. For example, if your project will cost £5,000, DNCC will provide £2,500. The minimum grant is £2,000 and the maximum is £10,000, so you’ll need to be planning an ICT investment of between £4,000 and £20,000 to apply for a grant. If your application is successful, you’ll also have the option of accessing two days of funded ICT consultancy.
Air-IT’s Managing Director, Todd McQuilkin, comments:
‘T-ICT2 offers an excellent opportunity for eligible companies to transform their business processes and surge ahead of the competition. Too many firms in the East Midlands are being held back by outdated or inadequate IT and communications systems that they simply can’t afford to upgrade. T-ICT2 will help to change that and drive much-needed economic growth within our region.’
How the T-ICT2 Grant Can Be Used
If your business qualifies for a grant, you can use it for a wide range of ICT projects that will make your business more efficient, productive and competitive.
- Replacing ageing ICT infrastructure with new systems that improve performance so your staff can work more flexibly and be more productive.
- Investing in new software that improves your efficiency and business processes.
- Building a new website that provides all the features and functionality you need to acquire new customers and service your existing client base more effectively.
You can apply for a T-ICT2 grant if your company has less than 250 employees and has been trading for at least 12 months. It doesn’t matter if you’re a sole trader, partnership or limited company.
Your business must also be located in one of these local authority areas:
- Derbyshire: Derby City, Bolsover, Chesterfield
- Nottinghamshire: Nottingham City, Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Mansfield
- Leicestershire: Leicester City, Oadby & Wigston
- Lincolnshire: Lincoln City, Boston, East Lindsey
- Northamptonshire: Corby
You can look up your local authority using the Postcode Finder here.
To be considered for funding, you’ll also need to:
- Clearly show how your ICT project will improve your business performance.
- Provide a business plan or strategy outlining your ICT project.
- Provide up to date accounts or your latest management accounts.
- Demonstrate your project’s commercial viability.
How to Apply
- Use the Postcode Finder above to find out if you’re in a qualifying area.
- Visit the eBusiness Club website to double-check the grant eligibility criteria and notes.
- Contact the eBusiness Club to request an Expression of Interest form, which DNCC will use to decide if you could be eligible for funding.
- If your initial application is accepted, you’ll then be sent a full grant application form which will explain what you need to do next.
Let Air-IT Help with your ICT Project
You may know that your IT and communications systems need upgrading – but you may not know where to start. Air-IT is here to help.
Together with our communications division, MBC, Air-IT is a leading provider of ICT services to companies in the Nottingham, Derby and Leicester areas. We can bring your business fully-managed IT and communications services, business-grade products and unified solutions – all under one roof.
We’ll be delighted to help you with your T-ICT2 application, and provide a competitive quote for installing and implementing your chosen project.
Take Advantage of our ICT Audit
Our ICT Audits provide an in-depth analysis of your IT systems, connectivity solutions and telecoms services. Our expert team will take an in-depth look at your systems to assess how well they’re performing.
We’ll then discuss our findings with you, telling you about any shortfalls or potential risks and recommending how things may be improved. This will provide you with a roadmap for your future ICT strategy – and the basis for your T-ICT2 funding application.
Contact Air-IT Today
Please contact us today to discuss your IT and communications requirements and to book your ICT Audits. If you’d like more information about T-ICT2 or to express your interest, please visit the eBusiness Club website.