Due to continued success, Air-IT have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Projects Team.
Founded in 2005 Air-IT has grown from strength-to-strength and is now ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider. We take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
IT Project Engineer – Job Specification
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for installing, provisioning and configuring large IT and communications systems in line with specifications. You will be responsible for delivering technical projects within agreed timescales and managing client communications during projects. There will also be a responsibility to provide user training and support to ensure that projects are delivered in line with customer requirements.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Project Engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for technology and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Install, provision and configure IT and communications systems
- Deliver technical projects in a timely manner, meeting agreed timescales
- Manage all projects effectively to ensure that clients are kept up to date with progress
- Provide in depth user training and user support
- Set up and maintain the appropriate client site documentation for each designated client
- Provide outstanding customer service to a vast client base
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Interested? You will need:
- Previous experience as an engineer for a Managed Service Provider
- Experience of installing and supporting server hardware
- Experience of setting up and supporting mobile devices
- Knowledge and experience of phone systems such as 3CX and hosted VoIP systems
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Current and valid driving licence
- Flexibility with working hours
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Virtualisation Technologies and Environments
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Windows Hyper-V
- Microsoft Azure
- Office 365
- StorageCraft Backup Software
- Datto Backup Software
- Router and firewall troubleshooting
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience and skill set.
Healthcare, pension and a wider range of competitive benefits are also included.
If you would like to apply for this position, then please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within 6-weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Relocation fees will not be provided and we will only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK.
Strictly no agencies please.