Due to continued success, Air-IT have an exciting opportunity for an experienced 1st Line Service Desk Engineer to join our Service Delivery team. Founded in 2005 Air-IT has grown from strength-to-strength and is now ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider. We take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
1st Line Service Desk Engineer – Job Specification
As a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer you will be responsible for technical support and ticket resolution for a wide range of managed service customers. You will be the first point of contact for support queries and will have full responsibility for logging and handling tickets, escalations and follow ups. The role will involve fault diagnosis and resolution, providing remote and telephone support for client infrastructure and end-users.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced 1st line support engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide 1st Line diagnosis and resolution, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes
- Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met
- Act as the first point of contact for technical issues raised
- Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and service portal and handle accordingly throughout the stages of the ticket
- Provide efficient customer service to a vast client base
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Interested? You will need:
- Previous experience providing 1st Line Support for a Managed Service Provider
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Experience with key technologies, such as:
– Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2
– Microsoft Office 2003 – 2016
– Windows Desktop XP – Windows 10
– Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
– OSx1st Line Support Operating systems
– Office 365
– Networking technologies including LAN/WAN
– Installing/configuring printers
The hours of work are 40 per week. This is based on a rota, shifts falling between 07:30-00:00, Monday-Sunday. Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the job role.
In return, a competitive salary and continuous training will be provided along with a range of wider benefits including private healthcare cover and company pension scheme.
If you would like to apply for this position, then please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within 6-weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Relocation fees will not be provided and we will only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK.
Strictly no agencies please.