- Location: The East Midlands
- Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Due to continued success, Air IT have an exciting opportunity for an experienced 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer to join our Service Delivery team. Founded in 2005 Air IT has grown from strength-to-strength and is now ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider. We take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
As a 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer you will act as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Engineers providing high level technical support to our vast client base. You will be responsible for the quick resolution of priority 1 related support requests, ensuring client SLAs are met. You will assist in the monitoring of client’s IT systems to ensure proactive resolution of any issues that arise. The role will involve fault diagnosis and resolution, providing remote and telephone support for client infrastructure and end-users.
The hours of work are 40 per week. This is based on a rota, shifts falling between 07:30-18:30, Monday-Friday. Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the job role.
- Provide 3rd Line diagnosis and resolution, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes
- To be the primary point of contact for any P1 request logged on the system. To see the request is resolved quickly and efficiently with minimal disruption.
- Act as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Engineers by offering support and technical assistance, to aid the resolution of client queries.
- To assist with the trialling of new technologies and solutions, provide accurate and concise feedback with a view of improving service and customer experience.
- Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation
- To assist in the monitoring of clients’ IT systems via the monitoring software, to ensure scheduled back-ups run effectively, to investigate the cause of any alerts and to respond appropriately to them in order to resolve issues in a timely manner, within SLAs and to maintain client satisfaction.
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met
- Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and service portal and handle accordingly throughout the stages of the ticket
- To maintain the appropriate client site documentation for each designated client
- Provide efficient customer service to a vast client base
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
Interested? You will need:
- Previous experience providing 3rd Line technical support for a Managed Service Provider
- Extensive knowledge and experience of various IT systems
- Expertise in all activities associated with providing end user PC support and problem resolution on complex and difficult PC hardware and software issues
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Experience with key technologies, such as:
- Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2
- Microsoft Office 2003 – 2016
- Windows Desktop XP – Windows 10
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- OSx Operating systems
- Office 365
- GPO deployment and configuration
- Networking technologies including LAN/WAN
Interested in working with us?
We want to hear from people of outstanding ability or potential. To apply for this position, please submit your application using the form below.