- Location: The East Midlands
- Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Due to continued success, Air IT have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Field Engineer to join our Service Delivery team. Founded in 2005 Air IT has grown from strength-to-strength and is now ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider. We take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
As a Field Engineer you will be responsible for providing both onsite and remote technical support for our vast client base. You will be responsible for managing onsite technical matters with client IT systems, ensuring SLAs are met. When not providing onsite support, you will carry out the duties of a 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer, acting as an escalation point for 1st Line Service Desk Engineers. The role will involve fault diagnosis and resolution, providing onsite, remote and telephone support for client infrastructure and end-users.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Technical Field Support Engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to an extensive client base
- To install and maintain IT and communications systems in line with specifications, to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met, and that systems are fully secure.
- Provide 1st and 2nd Line diagnosis and resolution, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes
- To act as an escalation point for 1st line Service Desk Engineers by offering support and technical assistance, to aid in the resolution of client queries.
- Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met
- Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and service portal and handle accordingly throughout the stages of the ticket
- To maintain the appropriate client site documentation for each designated client
- Provide efficient customer service to a vast client base
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have previosu experience providing technical support from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- Previous experience providing technical support for a Managed Service Provider.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Experience with key technologies, such as:
- Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2
- Microsoft Office 2003 – 2016
- Windows Desktop XP – Windows 10
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- OSx Operating systems
- Office 365
- Networking technologies including LAN/WAN
- Installing/configuring printers
- A full driving licence is essential.
The hours of work are 40 per week. This is based on a rota, shifts falling between 07:30-00:00, Monday-Sunday. Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the job role.
Interested in working with us?
We want to hear from people of outstanding ability or potential. To apply for this position, please submit your application using the form below.