- Location: The East Midlands
- Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Due to continued success, Air IT have an immediate requirement for an experienced Head of Service Management to create, implement and drive forward our Service Division in the East Midlands. Founded in 2005 Air IT has grown from strength-to-strength and is now ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider. We are a vibrant, fast paced technology company who take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
As the appointed Head of Service Management, you will be responsible for creating and defining the service strategy, whilst ensuring all services are successfully being delivered to Air IT’s 150+ managed service clients. KPIs and other service management targets are vital to our continued improvement; so this role will be directly responsible for ensuring the team maintain or exceed our high customer satisfaction targets.
We are looking for an experienced Service Manager who has managed a service desk historically, acted as a service delivery manager overseeing multiple accounts, implemented a recognised management framework (ITIL, SDI, Six Sigma etc) defined and successfully executed a service strategy including capacity, CSI, budgets, toolsets, requirement, etc. The ideal candidate will also have a good technical understanding, command a strong senior presence who has successfully lead a high performing team, and hold certification in ITIL to an expert level.
- Monitor and drive key performance end to end metrics to ensure that the services division are providing an excellent customer experience and deliver on client’s promise
- Responsible for meeting established team goals, monitoring and controlling workflows
- Create and implement a service strategy for the aligned Air IT services division
- Provide direction to the Service Desk Manager, Service Delivery Manager, and Services function
- Responsible for identifying and managing resources needed, including training requirements for the services division
- Streamline and implement new processes to drive efficiencies and improve the overall customer/employee experience
- Ensure all ITSM tools are reviewed, fit for purpose and maintained accordingly
- Actively identify risks, ensure they are appropriately logged and tracked. Take appropriate steps to mitigate/resolve any concerns
- Develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders/senior leadership, and identify opportunity to improve operations
- Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optomise day-to-day operation
- Ensure all customer’s requirements and needs are met
- Responsible for contributing to problem management, change management and knowledge management activities within the team – act as part of the major escalation process
- Identify inefficiencies and look to increase efficiency rates across all managed service accounts, and internal procedures
- To manage team performance, including conducting 1-2-1’s, appraisals and identifying development requirements as required
- Responsible for Golden KPI targets are met or exceeded, and SLA targets are met
- Provide service desk management in the absence of the Service Desk Manager
- Holds team accountable to achieving results through coaching and performance management
- Drive creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other lead initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately meet and exceed business plans
Essential Skills and Experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation (minimum)
- 5yrs Service Desk Management experience
- Understands and has implement trend analysis
- Detailed knowledge and experience of SLA/OLA development and management
- Expert knowledge of SLA/OLA creation monitoring, communication and escalation
- Key experience of IT Service Management in an outsourced environment
- Able to articulate business/departmental KPIs to work groups
- Implementation of Service Design & Service Transition
- Demonstrate passion and continued focus of safety as a value rather than just a priority
- Demonstrate leadership in building a culture of continuous improvement for process and operations
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
Interested in working with us?
We want to hear from people of outstanding ability or potential. To apply for this position, please submit your application using the form below.