- Location: The East Midlands
- Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Due to continued success, Air IT have an immediate need for an experienced Service Desk Manager to join our Service Division in the East Midlands. Founded in 2005 Air IT has grown from strength-to-strength and is now ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider. We are a vibrant, fast paced technology company who take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
As the appointed Service Desk Manager you will ultimately be responsible for delivering (to agreed SLAs) the day-to-day service desk operation which provides a diverse portfolio into our 150+ managed service clients. The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for the direct line management of Team Leaders, Technical Leads, Workshop Engineering, Onboarding Engineers and out of hours scheduling, as well as acting as an escalation point for major incidents.
We are looking for a dynamic individual, with great attention to detail, who can ensure all services are delivered to the agreed KPIs/SLAs and look to drive continual service improvement to ensure our managed clients receive a world class experience. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Service Desk Manager from a Managed Service background, with experience of configuring and operating ITSM tools, good understanding of ITIL/SDI frameworks, and possess’ strong problem-solving skills, as well as being an inspirational leader who has a relentless drive to delivering service excellence.
- To manage team performance, including conducting Team Leader 1-2-1’s, appraisals and identifying development requirements as required
- Oversee all Service Desk activities to ensure the Service Department is adequately resourced at all times
- Ensure Golden KPI targets are met or exceeded, and SLA targets are met
- Champion service & support during the onboarding phase of new clients. Develop a strong understanding of the project impacting the service desk and keep disruption to a minimum
- Proven team leadership experience
- Review analysis information on incidents, requests, problems whilst identifying recurring issues – action accordingly
- Conduct regular team meetings and update team with new improvement processes
- Manage new services into the team by working with the transition/project teams
- Major Incident management including all customer communication, activities and escalations
- Ensure that all customer incidents & requests are owned through to completion
- Assist with the creation of monthly service review reporting
- Workshop management function
- Manage the central technology asset register, CMDB and knowledge management database
- Be accountable for the quality of service and performance, ensuring future demand from growth is understood
Essential Skills and Experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Service Desk Management experience
- Excellent customer facing /customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- MCP/MCSE or equivalent industry experience
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
Interested in working with us?
We want to hear from people of outstanding ability or potential. To apply for this position, please submit your application using the form below.