Unified Communications – A short definition
Essentially Unified Communications (UC) means bring together your telephony, video conferencing, and messaging (email and text) so they work together, usually over your IT infrastructure rather than a special proprietary system.
UC gives you new communication capabilities, better operational flexibility, and is often cheaper to run than traditional systems. It also helps ensure that you’re not locked-in to a single technology provider.
All sizes of company can experience great productivity gains.
More on the benefits of UC…
Mobility and working from home
- A key benefit is the flexibility to communicate while away from the office. People calling see the one telephone number wherever you happen to be, and using whatever device you happen to have at hand, whether a landline, mobile, or desktop PC. Receiving voicemails anywhere is easy, for example, as they can be sent as attachments in emails.
- Working from home increases productivity, as well as job satisfaction, and Unified Comms is a great was to leverage BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) as a productivity gain. People can even video conference with colleagues from home or other locations.
- All of the options mean that your customers get a much better impression, and find it easy to get the right person straight away
Efficiency and flexible collaboration
- You can see whether colleagues are present or free to receive calls or messages. This is known as “presence information.” It saves a lot of time, such as preventing failed attempts to transfer calls, only to find that the person the caller wants is not there.
- With options to use video, sound and instant messaging – a productivity tool that uses Chat functionality – to communicate with each other, there are plenty of opportunities.
Investment in the future
- Telephony is moving further in the direction of Unified Comms and the technology itself is developing rapidly. However, because it is based on software and standard comms and computing infrastructure, it’s easy to upgrade.
Why Air-IT for Unified Communications?
Unique expertise and track record in UC
Alongside our telecoms division, MBC, we cover all aspects of Unified Communications – ICT and Telecommunications – so we’re the perfect choice to work with you on your UC project. Everything is covered under one roof, simplifying the process of design and installation, and keeping costs and progress transparent.
No nonsense with us
Wer’e up-front about pricing and will explain everything in non-condescending plain English. Our aim is to find clients to work with over the long-haul rather than for a quick sale.
No bias towards the big deals
We recognise that UC can bring significant gains and efficiencies to all sizes of business or organisation, and this is a great opportunity for us to begin partnerships with new clients.
Our Windows-based 3CX business telephone system has been specially designed to form the basis of a unified communications solution, bringing together all your voice, data, video, internet and mobile technologies into a single interface. Find out more about 3CX phone system.
Find out more
If you want to explore your options with Unified Communications, please contact us today and speak to one of our communications specialists.