Air IT are seeking an experienced, commercial and technically aware Head of Projects to lead our established Projects team.
We have an ambitious vision, unique values and an exciting story to tell. We recognise that people are our greatest asset, making sure our people love what they do and always deliver at their best.
As our Head of Projects, you will be responsible for leading and developing a growing projects team. Assisted by a Project Coordinator, you will manage the projects team to ensure the effective delivery of projects, ensuring all projects are delivered to specification, on time and within budget. You will oversee all departmental procedures ensuring that that they remain effective and introducing innovative new ways of working where required.
Our ideal candidate will be experienced in project frameworks and methodologies, with experience of managing and leading a IT projects based team. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for technology and providing outstanding customer service is essential. This should be demonstrated by providing excellent communications and delivery of the project from planning to completion, ensuring customer satisfaction is met each and every time.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading, managing and evolving the projects department whilst supporting the team in creating project work plans/schedules and identifying the correct resources required for each individual project.
- Ensuring that all projects are managed effectively and schedules and work plans are continually kept up to date to ensure accurate reporting information.
- Establish and maintain a departmental skills matrix to ensure the continued development of the team according to Air IT’s technical strategy.
- To define and establish an improved project methodology to include but not limited to Statement of Works (SOW), BAU Transition/Acceptance and Change Management.
- Working collaboratively with all departments within the business to ensure smooth delivery of projects and the transition into service.
- Ensuring that project objectives and requirements are clear, understood and agreed upon by each member of the project team involved.
- Managing and accurately reporting work in progress (WIP) to the senior leadership team to ensure the business has an accurate forecast of works to be completed for each period whilst ensuring that customer expectations are met.
- Overseeing all department procedures, to ensure they are all carried out effectively and SLAs and customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Monitoring and continually improving and developing the projects department systems and procedures, to ensure they are as effective as possible.
- Monitoring the team workload, ensuring that projects are assigned by the project coordinator to the appropriate resource.
- Ensure the ongoing achievement of the departmental KPI’s are met.
- Actively coach and mentor the team, managing the performance of team members through setting objectives, encouraging and supporting development and ensuring staff have the appropriate skill sets.
Interested? You will need to be or have experience in:
- Managing and leading a projects delivery team
- Knowledge of Project Management principles such as Agile, Prince2, Kanban, Waterfall, or similar.
- Knowledge of Service Management principles such as ITIL (essential) and SDI.
- Managing and accurately reporting work in progress (WIP).
- Delivering multiple projects to tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced technology organisation.
- Managing project budgets and supplying highlight, financial, and WIP reports on a regular basis.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change fast as client and business needs/expectations also change.
- Current and valid driving licence
- Flexibility with working hours