Why use Hosted services?
Reliability and availability
Risks of failure are minimised, and availability maximised:
- 24 x 7 Monitoring means issues are handled as they develop
- There’s no single point of failure since connectivity, power and cooling seamlessly fail-over to standby systems, with SLAs offering up to 100% availability
- Offsite backups give you real business continuity options
- Access to hosted services is usually uncapped, meaning that customers and other users enjoy a better experience when accessing your hosted web site, for example
Reduced costs and flexible pricing options
- Data Centres offer economies of scale – the facilities mean that you can enjoy the sort of continuity, reliability and scalability options that would otherwise only be achievable for huge enterprises and multi-nationals.
- We’re also pleased to say that we’re up-front about our pricing and there are no hidden costs.
- Very often the pricing can be based on repeat billing rather than one-off capital expenditure so you can plan and budget more flexibly. Lastly, you can scale up and down and pay only for what you’re using.
Agility and flexibility
- We just mentioned how scalable hosted services are. This applies to licensing of Cloud applications too. And we’re happy to bespoke a solution to meet your requirements.
- What’s more, we can help you get the best from all the options you have by designing a Hybrid solution, based around performance and budget.
- Security is fully covered– firewalling and access to benefits from the economies of scale, with the sort of expertise required by NASA and the military, but at a price that is affordable to non-experts and small businesses.
- One common concern is around where your information and systems will be placed geographically. In some instances there are commercial or legislative requirements for hosting to take place onshore. All our Data Centres are in the UK, so there are no issues.