Prevention is better than cure
IT security is a minefield if you’re not an IT Professional. It can be a minefield even if you are! It requires expertise and attention to detail. Now we’re all connected to the Internet there’s a permanent and invisible cyber threat, and it’s constantly evolving.
We’re also opening doors into our office systems for mobile workers and their smart devices. This can make it seem like an expensive and time-consuming worry. But it needn’t be.
Why IT Security is important to you
The government’s benchmark industry standard figure for business in the UK (from the Home Office) report that in 2013:
- 135,000 incidents related to phishing and deception were recorded by businesses in the UK
- 229,000 cases of ICT fraud were reported by businesses in the UK
- This represents an increase of 27% on data for 2012
- No size of business was more prone, or more exempt, to attack – being an SMB is no defence
A report undertaken by the University of Oxford estimated that in a single year:
- The costs to UK business of data loss are between 0.96 and 1.44 billion pounds
- The losses due to online theft are between 1.0 and 2.7 billion pounds
- The costs due to espionage are around 7.6 billion pounds
It is difficult to be certain of the exact numbers, because, understandably, a lot of crime against business does not get reported.
What’s at stake
There’s more at stake than direct financial loss: for starters, there’s the disruption if you need to clean-up all your computers after a cyber attack, and the embarrassment you could face, or the loss of goodwill, if you’re identified as the source of the cyber attack by your suppliers or customers.
And there’s email blacklisting too. These effects can cause more damage than actual fraud. It’s far better to stop these things happening in the first place.
We offer Secure IT for all sizes of business
You can read the stories of doom-and-gloom, suggesting that you need expensive systems to combat the risks, but it isn’t as difficult as you might think.
The most secure and cost-effective approach is indeed prevention rather than cure. The help we offer comes at a fixed cost, often at a nominal monthly fee, and we work with you to ensure that your cyber protection is updated and evolving along with the threat itself.
How we help
We cover your whole range of ICT security and Cyber Security needs: from audits, reviews, designing or recommending solutions, through to procurement, installation, configuration, to on-going management, monitoring and support of security.
We’re experts in the following technologies:
- Anti-spam and anti-virus
- Email filtering and security
- Universal threat management (UTM)
- Securing desktop computers or servers (endpoint management)
- Management of updates and patches
- Managing access rights to data and information
- Web access and content filtering
- SSL and certificates
- Wireless security
- VPN and mobility
- Cloud, hybrid and on-premise systems
- Remote monitoring and event-driven management
Industry leading security solutions
We partner with a number of industry leading ICT security providers such as Sophos, Mimecast, Webroot, OpenDNS and Cisco – all our technicians are fully trained and accredited.