Find out more about some of the recent projects we have completed in Jan / Feb and see how we are supporting our new clients...
The Air-IT client base continues to grow rapidly as more companies in the Nottingham, Derby and Leicester areas look to us to provide industry-leading IT support. And we’re delighted to see so many new clients approaching us as a result of referrals and recommendations from our existing customer base.
In this article, we talk about how we’re helping some of our newest clients improve their IT systems and work more efficiently by providing the market leading managed IT and communications services they need, as well as reliable and cost-effective ongoing IT support.
DHP Group and Bildurn Properties
The multi-divisional DHP Group operates several internationally-renowned venues, including Rock City, Rescue Rooms, Bodega and Stealth in Nottingham and the Thekla in Bristol.
The group also promotes live events and shows; runs music festivals; operates a ticket-selling business; and manages the Nottingham-based band, Dog is Dead. Meanwhile, Bildurn Properties provides award-winning property design, development and management services across the East Midlands.
Air-IT now provides IT services to Bildurn Properties and all businesses within the DHP Group, including the head office in Nottingham. We manage and support the complete ICT infrastructure for both companies, providing support to all staff through our dedicated help desk and field based engineers.
We’re also making improvements to the businesses’ current IT environment, to help enhance productivity and operational efficiency. This ongoing work includes migrating the group’s email systems to a cloud based-solution and implementing better site-to-site connectivity, so the companies can share and send data more efficiently.
Rushcliffe Estates is a family-owned commercial property business based in Nottingham. The company has recently established a second office.
Air-IT met with Rushcliffe Estates to discuss how to upgrade their IT infrastructure to make it future proof and provide the capabilities and shared accessed needed by staff at both offices and by remote workers.
We provided a complete new IT environment for the company – some of the many changes we made included:
- Implementing a virtualised Microsoft Hyper-V server environment with Small Business Server and remote desktop services.
- Installing Microsoft Exchange server for enhanced email management.
- Workstation upgrades and deployment of latest industry leading security solutions across the network (anti-virus, firewall and anti-spam).
- Implementing a failsafe backup solution enhancing disaster recovery capability and business continuity.
Rushcliffe Estates now have the ongoing reassurance of our Support-IT package, which offers unlimited remote and onsite support.
AKA Case Management
AKA Case Management is a specialist company that provides support in all areas of rehabilitation to help people who’ve suffered traumatic brain injuries regain control of their lives.
Air-IT was referred to AKA by an associate when they were part-way through a server upgrade project with another IT provider. AKA were dissatisfied with the service they were receiving and were encountering numerous problems with the integration of their new systems.
We visited AKA to carry out an audit and recommend how best to improve the situation. As a result, we made a number of key changes to the company’s IT infrastructure that have enabled AKA to operate more efficiently and get the most out of their investment.
- Implementing a robust backup solution and disaster recovery plan.
- Installing Microsoft Exchange server to manage emails more efficiently.
- Adding GFI MailEssentials, a cloud-based email security solution to protect the network and block spam.
- Upgrading all company laptops to the latest version of Windows 7 – improving speed and performance.
- Configuring remote working access to enhance experience, capabilities and functionality for people working away from the office.
AKA Case Management opted for our Support-IT package, which included all the above work within their monthly contract fees. On a rolling basis, the company benefits from unlimited remote and onsite support, regular server maintenance and 24/7 system monitoring.
Eden PR is a public relations and marketing communications consultancy based in Nottingham city centre. The firm was referred to us by an existing Air-IT client after Eden PR saw and liked the work we were doing for them, and wanted to benefit in the same way.
At the time, Eden PR was receiving poor service and advice from their existing IT provider after experiencing spam and virus issues on some of their computers. Luckily, Air-IT stepped in to solve the problems.
Here’s what we did:
- Rebuilt the spam/virus affected computers to be kept as spare PCs
- Performed a full health check across all workstations, carrying out RAM upgrades to optimise efficiency and increase speed.
- Replaced inadequate services with market-leading solutions such as GFI MailEssentials, a cloud-based spam filtering platform that they’re very impressed with.
Going forward, Air-IT will continue to work with Eden PR to improve their systems and increase efficiency. They’ve chosen our Support-IT package, which offers unlimited remote and onsite support within a fixed monthly fee. This helps Eden PR budget for their IT costs – a great improvement on the situation with their previous IT provider, who charged them for every single visit.
How Can We Help Your Business?
As you can see from these examples, working with Air-IT can bring a wealth of benefits to your business. Please contact us today and find out how we can help your company move forward.