Our Virtualisation services
Virtualisation is now a well-proven technology, whether it be server consolidation, achieving business continuity through high availability, or supporting mobility through remote desktops (VDI, RDP etc.). The benefits are well understood.
We have significant experience in the planning, design, implementation and support of virtualised environments using solutions, such as Citrix, VMWare, and we specialise in Microsoft Hyper-V technology.
As well as delivering complete Virtualisation projects, we can also work alongside your in-house IT team to complement your skills, experience and provide additional resources and manpower.
We can assist in projects to realise any or all of the following server virtualisation benefits:
- Servers can be restored in a matter of minutes, dramatically reducing downtime and improving your disaster recovery capability.
Increased capacity for growth
- A virtualised server environment is highly scalable.
Reduced capital expenditure
- The requirement for hardware is lower so less expenditure on physical servers is needed.
Reduced maintenance costs
- A lower physical server count reduces ongoing maintenance and upgrade costs.
High availability and rapid deployment
- New servers can be created from templates, and minimal downtime is required for upgrades. Virtual servers can be moved from one physical resource to another too.
Increased hardware utilisation
- Pools of computing power can be shared between virtual servers, drawing more or less power as the load varies, meaning that your hardware resource is fully utilised.
Reduced energy costs and greener IT
- A lower physical server count means reduced power consumption (so you save on energy costs), and a lower carbon footprint.
- Being able to adapt quickly and take better advantage of hardware means that your business can be much more dynamic with ICT resources.
Remote Computing using Virtual Desktops
Another spin off from virtualisation has been the remote desktop. Many of the benefits of server virtualisation apply here – flexibility, simplicity of management, fewer support issues, and protection of your capital investment in hardware. We’ve undertaken many VDI projects for clients.
It also comes into its own for remote access to information as part of a mobility solution. Our expertise in the following areas makes us a good choice of partner for this type of project:
- Experience in Cloud / Hosted, Hybrid and On-premise deployments
- In-house expertise in the provision and configuration of communications, leased lines and other broadband (we’re also a comms reseller)
- Mobility specialists (including devices)
- Expertise in VPN configuration and security, WAN, configuration of routers and firewalls.
For advice on your options, or for more information about virtualisation solutions or any other services, please contact us today or call 0115 880 0044 to speak to a technology specialist.